Head of Land-based
Location of the Job: East Yorkshire
The Company: Our client is a prestigious land based Further Education provider who offer a wide range of subjects, all of which are of the highest standards. As well as College Level (Further Education) and University Level (Higher Education) courses, they also offer apprenticeships and short courses.
The industry: Further Education
The Job Role Details:
As the Head of Land-based you will manage the delivery and future development of the land-based curriculum areas inline with the colleges overall land-based strategy. This will include the development of new and existing provision, improving effectiveness in the use of resources, achievement and outcomes whilst establishing effective relationships with the team.
*The following list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be exclusive*
- Implement and maintain curriculum plans, staffing timetables and financial planning
- Student Recruitment
- Manage lecturing team (land-based and engineering)
- Staff recruitment, inductions and training
- Drive and advocate the land-based sector
- Manage the activities of lecturers and course teams to ensure effective organisation, compliance and delivery of outstanding teaching
- Manage and maintain Staff and Student morale
- Duty manager responsibilities as part of a rota with other managers
- Deliver a teaching schedule within specialist subject area
- Contribute, organise and attend college events; e.g. open days, parent's evenings, careers events etc.
The Ideal Head of Land-based will have:
- Level 5 or above Teaching qualifications
- Related degree or equivalent qualifications
- English and maths at level 2 or willingness to work towards
- Relevant industry qualifications
- Experience of successful curriculum development/innovation
- A thorough understanding of the issues within Further and Higher education
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Child Protection Issues
- Can do attitude
- Effective communicator
- Passion and personal interest in the land based sector
Additional Information: This is a permanent, full-time position.
Salary Package: A basic salary of £47,061 per year
Plus Benefits: Uplifted pension scheme, Progression opportunities, Fantastic culture, 35 Days holiday + many more
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to;
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.