The Company: My clients are an extremely well-established Dairy Farm. On site they have towards 1,000 Cows. The Farm Unit is divided into two - with the central Milking Unit and then the Smaller Calf Rearing Unit.
They pride themselves on their fantastic heritage - They are extremely passionate within Dairy Farming and offer an incredibly pleasant working atmosphere.
The Job Role Overview:
An exciting opportunity, due to company growth, has arisen at my client's organisation for a hardworking and enthusiastic individual, with a strong work ethic - to join as a Herdsman - Dairy Farm Worker.
As a Herdsman you will be responsible for every aspect of the day to day running of their Dairy Farm, carrying out a variety of roles from Milking and Caring for the Cows and calves, to working in the Milking Parlour.
Seeking a passionate team member, keen to grow, learn and develop a long-lasting career. You will be given many opportunities to take your own initiative and responsibility. A Fantastic career opportunity as well as Lifestyle opportunity.
- Day to day work on the Dairy Farm
- Provide great daily Herdsman skills - responsible for the cows.
- Daily Milking of the cows.
- Cow Display - Prepare for Vets visits & General Check-ups.
- Calf Rearing
- Dry off the Calves.
- Looking after the Cows correctly.
- Looking after the Milking Parlour.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Keep accurate records.
- Plan, schedule, and review workload.
- Manage the stock control, as well as stores.
- Confirm that health and safety regulations are being followed.
- Good attitude to Health of the Cows.
- Previous Dairy Farm experience and Dairy Farm working knowledge.
- Previous Herdsman experience.
- Practical and hands-on.
- Quality Stocksman.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- To be enthusiastic and driven to learn, grow and develop.
- Passionate about Cow Health and General Care.
- Ideal: A.I Bull experience (Artificial insemination experience).
- Ideal: Breeding/ Husbandry experience.
£30- £35K DOE- Plus Accommodation
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.