Information Security Officer
National Milk Records plc (NMR) is the leading supplier of management information to enable dairy herd improvement. Delivering milk quality, health and genomic testing services, NMR provides data on individual cows’ performance to the dairy industry in the UK to assist with informed decision making. Due to continued growth, we require a full time Information Security Officer. The location for the job role can be flexible with the company having implemented a Hybrid Working policy with offices in Four Ashes (near Wolverhampton), Harrogate, Glasgow and Chippenham.
The Information Security Officer is responsible for developing and implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) to standard ISO 27001 and ensuring business compliance to Information Security policies. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and continual improvement of the ISMS including the development, review, monitoring and enforcement of policies, processes and working practices across all aspects and levels of the business, as well as providing guidance on compliance matters in relation to the ISMS. The position also involves working with a compliance team consisting of members who monitor, risk assess, and report the organisations adherence to a Quality Management System standard (ISO 17025) and reporting to the Group Quality Manager.
Essential Key Skills:
- Strong background in performing audits and risk assessments to ISO 27001 criteria with at least 2 - 3 years’ experience of working with an ISMS.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including good computer literacy.
- Information security qualification is highly desirable such as ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, CISSP, CISA, CISM, relevant degree etc.
- Develop, improve and maintain information security policies and procedures, and SOP documentation in line with the ISO 27001 standard.
- Monitor and identify compliance issues, assess and evaluate risks.
- Collaborate with internal departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Work with external bodies as appropriate on required security assessments and audits with follow-up of issues identified through external assessments.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Deliver information security training, awareness, and guidance to employees to raise security awareness and improve security performance.
- Prepare reports on compliance issues for the Executive Leadership Team.
Working for NMR:
Working at NMR is so much more than just a job as we are an integral part of the farming community. Our staff provide the highest quality recording, testing, health and fertility services & products, supporting farmers and the dairy industry to improve profitable production and animal welfare.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, particularly to those who are attracted to the ever-changing and modernising farming industry and our teams are dedicated in providing high levels of value and customer service. We do this by both retaining our existing experienced staff and by attracting dynamic new employees. As an employer, we are committed to providing opportunities to:
- Maximise your potential contribution to the business
- Be involved at every level within the business
- Undertake personal and professional development
- Consistently receive a good employee experience
- And without doubt, you will be part of a caring, welcoming, and friendly team, who could make a real difference.
What we can offer you:
- Salary £43,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Initial and ongoing training
- Company vehicle
- Company contributory pension scheme
- NMR share incentive plan
- Various other NMR benefits
If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29th October 2021.