Livestock Person (Beachin Stud, near Chester)
Cogent Breeding Ltd
• Reporting to: Lead Stockman
• Primary Location: Beachin Stud, Lea Lane, Aldford, Chester, CH3 6JQ
• Working Hours: Full Time
• Type: Permanent
• Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation Package (if applicable), 21 days annual leave increasing to 23 days after 12 months’ service and increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service plus bank holidays, Pension, Life Assurance (4 times basic salary), Employee Discounts.
Main Purpose of Role:
To be responsible for all aspects of bull welfare, handling and semen collection from our world class genetic merit beef and dairy sires.
• Bull handling and assisting with semen collection and the daily care of livestock
• To ensure animal welfare standards / health and safety regulations are adhered to
• All factors relating to maintenance, breeding and welfare to ensure a clean and healthy environment is maintained
• Must be livestock free and bio-security conscious
• To continuously develop and improve themselves and the way they work
• To comply with Company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance
• To complete any other duties as required from time to time
What will I need to be considered for this Livestock Person vacancy?
Essential Skills and Attributes:
• Prior experience of livestock handling or showing although full training will be given
• Willing to work as part of a team but capable of taking individual responsibility
• A clean driving license
• Bobcat / Tractor license and experience, however training will also be provided
• Flexible approach to work, taking part in a 7 day Rota to include spring/summer public holidays
What will I receive in return?
• You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you'll be able to apply your expertise and skills, be encouraged and supported to further develop your career.
• Competitive, dependent on experience
• Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days, up to 25 days following 2 years service, plus bank holidays
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Matching Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
• Employee Discounts
To apply please click on the 'Apply Now' button.