Job Title: Milking Machinery Engineer
Vacancy Ref Number: 14815 RG
Location of the Job: Shropshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire, UK
My clients are an extremely well-established Specialised Dairy Company, seeking an Experienced Milking Machinery Maintenance Engineer.
They pride themselves on their Agricultural Industry knowledge. As well as offering great career growth and development!
They are a results-orientated organisation with a pleasant working atmosphere.
The Industry: Milking Machinery, Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical, Mechanic, Electrical, Electrician, Farm, Farming, Dairy, Milk, Machinery, Agriculture, Agricultural, Servicing, Service, Repair, Maintenance.
The Job Role details:
An exciting opportunity, due to continual growth, has arisen at my client's organisation for an enthusiastic and driven individual, with a strong work ethic - to join as a Milking Machinery Engineer - adhering to breakdowns, repairs, and general maintenance of Milking Parlour Machinery. The right person MUST have direct Milking Machinery experience or similar cross over.
Work will be disturbed through the Service Manager each morning from the Head Office, or work is scheduled and distributed via job sheets and the Engineer remains independent.
As Engineers you will generally work independently, but also work together at times for larger jobs.
Specific on-site training can be provided for specific jobs.
- Servicing involves replacing worn parts on miking pulsators, vacuum pumps, milk pumps, vacuum rams, line seals, metering systems, valves, robot equipment and milking cluster parts.
- Parlour testing to ISO standards annually.
- Specific requirement for Dairy Physiology and dynamics per customer - All to the customer requirements.
- Breakdowns require a multi-skilled engineer.
- Computer knowledge, equipment specific networking, electro-mechanical motor replacement and diagnosis, 3 phase to low voltage, hydraulic pumps and pneumatic equipment module replacement, mechanical abilities with rotor vacuum pumps.
- Robotic Dairy systems repair.
- Parlour washing automatic systems repair.
- Electrical tracing and testing to failed parts.
- All GEA equipment aspects trained in-house.
- Handwritten and Electronic Paperwork to be completed.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
- A Multi-Skilled Engineer.
- Agricultural Engineering background.
- Inquisitive, driven, and eager to learn.
- Experience within agricultural, cattle, milking machines or robotic equipment experience.
- Someone who loves the countryside and loves responsibility and certain amounts of autonomy, will be at a great advantage.
- To be highly organised.
- Practical and hands-on.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
Salary: £27,000 - £31,000 Basic - DOE.
+ Work Van + Overtime.
How to apply: Please Click the Apply Link for this Job Role, attaching a copy of your up to date CV.
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information.