The Company: UK farm care supplier committed to animal health care. offering a range of essential medicines for farming livestock including pigs, poultry, cattle, sheep, and horses, as well as domestic pets, pigeons and other birds.
The Job Role Overview:
We are looking for an experienced Director who will join our Board and share responsibility for the growth and profitability of the company.
The company is committed to geographical and channel expansion and the successful candidate will ensure that the business is able to support these growth activities, plus deliver operational improvements and efficiencies to the core business.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and leader, able to implement best in class practice and influence colleagues directly and indirectly across the business.
The scope is wide and will require gaining a thorough knowledge of the industry, products, and channels.
• Ensure the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
• Identify and target areas in which the business can implement profitable growth and operational efficiencies.
• Develop, control, and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
• Implement best in class procurement to increase gross margin and enhance customer service, whilst operating within budgetary working capital limits.
Distribution and warehousing:
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that core operational functions support the business targets
• Deliver operational and cost efficiencies through a combination of in-house and outsourced fleet.
People and culture leadership:
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all staff and directors to ensure effective co-ordination for operational activities and set strategic goals.
• Direct operations staff to ensure that they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
• Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to commercial and operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its competitive position.
• Ensure that operational departments utilise the full functionality of the ERP system to deliver process efficiencies.
• Evaluate overall company performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics. Use this information to make operational decisions to increase profitability and identify areas for growth.
Customer service skills:
• Oversee customer support processes to deliver high quality customer satisfaction.
Strong communication and presentation skills:
• Understanding of and maintaining relationship between all company departments.
• Regularly evaluate the efficiency of inter-departmental procedures and communications according to organisational objectives and agree /implement improvements.
Health & safety and environmental experience
• Oversee development of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments across all company locations.
Knowledge skills and experience required.
• A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
• Extensive operations management experience.
• In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles e.g., supply chain, customer service etc.
• The ability to gain rapidly a thorough knowledge of the industry, its products and channels
• Analytical skills to evaluate data and performance/operation metrics
• Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills
• Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent decision-making skills
Salary package: Up to £100K DOE
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to; Maria@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.