Job Title: Part Time Compliance Officer
Salary: £40,000 (Pro Rata)
Our client are an established agricultural supplier based in Clevedon. They are now looking to further expand their team by adding a Part time Compliance Officer. This is an integral role within a small team, you will report to the Commercial Manager and will lead compliance duties within the business.
- Controlling external compliance with respect to related certification bodies and assurance schemes (UFAS, FEMAS, Organic Farmers and Growers, ISO Standards, Trading Standards).
- Co-ordinating and managing external audits from above schemes and ensuring continuation of accreditations.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing internal procedures, work instructions and SHE standards.
- Carrying out internal audits of the Clevedon office and Northern storage facility to evaluate compliance with internal procedures. Presenting finding to the UK Senior Management team and following up on action points.
- Ensuring training requirements are completed, recorded and are adequate to meet staff requirements.
- Working closely with external consultants to future proof business compliance.
- Leading the development and progress of Modern Slavery and Sustainability initiatives.
- Show integrity at all times.
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills required for managing relationships with external bodies.
- Able to interpret data and apply critical thinking to decision making, whilst seeing the bigger picture.
- Problem-solve using structured and straightforward methods.
- Ability to engage with all levels and functions across the business.
- Highly motivated individual looking to support and add value, in a close-knit team.
- Have quality assurance knowledge and a clear understanding of ISO standards.