Parts Assistants - Agricultural and Turf (in 2 locations Kent and East Sussex)
Tuckwells / Burden Bros Agri Ltd (part of P Tuckwell Ltd)
Locations: Framfield Depot, East Sussex TN22 5RN
Stockbury Depot, Sittingbourne, Kent ME9 7RD
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience.
Job Type: Permanent, full time with additional working hours and weekend rotations during busy seasons.
P Tuckwell Ltd is an expanding, family-owned business with a focus on developing and retaining our people. In-house training is available, so if you are looking to start a career or are wanting a new challenge within the agricultural and turf machinery sectors, we would be interested in talking to you. Knowledge and passion for agriculture and turf machinery would be an advantage.
We are looking to recruit Parts Technicians with energy and enthusiasm to join our Agricultural and Turf retail parts teams. The role includes working closely as part of a team in providing a successful retail parts department. Responsible for selling, receiving and the delivery of parts and accessories, focusing on excellent customer experience and maintaining an effective stock management programme.
Training in parts systems, stock control, marketing and selling will be part of the role as will training on products.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
● Supplying Service Technicians with parts as required and in a timely manner.
● Proactively selling parts and products to customers, via the phone and digital platforms.
● Working within an organised structure using processes and procedures to check and verify receipt of incoming shipments.
● Assisting with locating Machine Down and Stock Orders in their correct location.
● Following up on shortages and flagging issues with the Parts Manager.
● Maintaining control of inventory management, invoicing and other administration tasks, working in an organised, methodical way.
● Assisting with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
Skills and Qualifications:
● A passion for the agricultural and turf machinery industry, promoting and selling parts and/or services to meet customer needs.
● Strong communication skills and want to offer exceptional customer service.
● Strong selling skills and enjoy proactive marketing.
● Able to work as a team player and maintain good working relationships.
● Display some knowledge and understanding of engineering and machinery, John Deere products and those of their competitors.
● Happy to work alone as well as part of a team.
● Strong IT skills.
● A flexible approach and able to work extended hours and weekends.
The company will provide:
● A competitive salary
● Company pension scheme
● Paid holiday plus bank holidays
● Full support and product training where necessary
To apply for this position, please click on the 'Apply Now' button.