Job Title: Pig Farmer - Assistant Manager / Manager
Vacancy Ref Number: 15316 OO
Location of the Job: Gloucestershire
My clients are an extremely well-established Pig Farm in Gloucestershire. Whereby they are successfully responsible for - selection, breeding, farrowing, finishing and husbandry. They pride themselves on providing fantastic animal welfare and maintaining high standards. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a truly passionate team and organisation.They are a results-orientated organisation with great working conditions.
Pig Farming, Pig Farm, Livestock, Farm, Farming, Agriculture, Assistant Manager, Manager, stock, Stores, Breeding, Husbandry, Farrowing.
The Job Role details:
An exciting opportunity, due to continual growth, has arisen at my client's organisation for an ambitious individual, with a strong work ethic - to join as a Pig Farm Assistant Manager/ Pig Farm Manager.
An Experienced Pig Farmer will be responsible for every aspect of the day to day running of their Modern Indoor Pig Store with up to 500 Sow's - producing quality breeding stock.
Seeking a strong team leader with modern thinking and a few years Pig Farm previous experience. You will be given many opportunities to take your own initiative and responsibility, meaning you will be encouraged to grow, learn, and develop within the company.
- Day to day running of Pig Stores
- To perform excellent Husbandry skills.
- Demonstrate good team leading skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Keep accurate records.
- Communicates with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met.
- Plan, schedule, and review workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met.
- Manage the stock control, as well as stores.
- Confirm that health and safety regulations are being followed.
- Provide guidance to employees.
- Responsible for staffing issues.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Pig Farm experience and Pig farm working knowledge.
- Highly organised.
- Practical and hands-on.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
+ Company pension, Private health care, 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), Mobile Phone
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to;