Blenkiron Farming Company
An opportunity has arisen for someone to manage a highly desirable family run poultry business in the Northallerton area of North Yorkshire, nestled between the Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire Moors. The poultry business runs alongside a 540-acre arable enterprise including newly planted woodland.
The position is on a modern broiler farm, rearing 260,000-day-old chicks for the independent retail sector. The farm utilises the most up to date computer technology and livestock monitoring cameras to assist caring for the young birds. The farm prides itself on high standards of stockmanship, welfare and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the poultry.
These responsibilities will include:
• Daily inspection and walking of the birds
• Ensuring excellent bird health and welfare
• Performance records
• Feed Management
• Ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard
• Working in a team and on their own
• Maintaining safe working practices
• Ventilation management
• Identifying system faults and areas that need improvement
• Minor maintenance
• Record Keeping
The successful applicant must have:
• Previous livestock experience – preferably in poultry
• A practical and positive can-do attitude
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Use their own initiative
• Good computer literacy skills
• A hands-on approach to maintenance
• Progressive, forward thinking and a proactive mindset
• Enthusiastic and caring attitude towards animals
• A valid driving license
• NVQ level 3 in poultry production or similar would be desirable
Further opportunity to carry out field management duties are encouraged when possible.
This may include woodland management, planting new hedges, grass mowing, strimming and weed spraying.
Training and further career progression is encouraged.
Salary ranges from £27,000-£32,000 and will be dependent on person’s ability/experience.
Accommodation will be provided as part of the package to the right candidate.
If you have the required skills and experience and the legal right to work in the UK, please click on the 'apply now' button to apply.