Job Title: Product Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Our Client were founded by the agricultural industry to provide bespoke financial products for farmers, agricultural businesses and everyone who loves the British countryside.
Product Ownership for lending products ensuring they remain fit for purpose, deliver fair and sustainable outcomes.
- Owner of lending product lines currently comprising Credit, Loans, and Flexi Credit. Additional lending products may be added to this suite.
- Responsible for establishing ongoing oversight and management information over the performance of products to ensure they meet the requirements of the bank and deliver fair and sustainable outcomes.
- Escalation to the Product Governance Committee of any issues/opportunities in relation to the products managed
- Undertake Annual Review (and any ad-hoc reviews as required) of the product.
- Active involvement in the development of new product, in some cases taking the lead role in bringing these products to market through the Product Governance framework.
- Ownership of specific actions as directed by Product Governance Committee or Head of Banking these will include Risk Events and Post Implementation Reviews.
- This role will require a wide engagement with other departments including Operations Relationship Team, Credit, Risk, Finance, Marketing, and IT.
- Act as a subject matter expert on lending product related discussions/developments including advising on company policies, practices, processes, and systems to improve customer outcomes as required.
- Ownership/support for the development and delivery of product variants.
- Preparation of Product Governance Committee papers as required.
- Sit as a member of the Product Governance Committee.
- Assist more junior members of the team in meeting their responsibilities.
- Act as an ambassador of the Bank
- Make sure quality standards are met and deadlines achieved
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years financial services experience, ideally in banking
- Self-starter, with attention to detail, able to manage a varied and heavy workload in a fast-growing environment
- Experience of Product Ownership and development and understanding of regulatory expectations for lending products.
- Strong networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management
- Knowledge of Agricultural Sector in the UK
- Project management skills/experience
This role has the potential to develop quickly into a Line Management role with responsibility for the Product Governance team.
£40,000 - £55,000 dependant on experience