Job Title: Production Manager
Job Reference: 14622 KM
The Company: Our client is a leading hay and haylage business, supplying premium grass products to the equestrian and small pet markets. This is an opportunity to join a small family business in a newly created role following a period of strong and continued growth
The Job Role Details: Seeking a Production Manager to assist with the everyday management of their production and busy yard. The production manager will be required to fill a player manager role and be responsible for looking after the operations and production of our small baled hay and haylage products including managing a small team on the packing line which sees large bales of hay and haylage (300kg) converted into small packed bales (15-20kg). We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, team leader with the ability to organise and run a forward-thinking fast-moving business and who gains huge satisfaction from a job well done
The ideal candidate: Will have experience in a similar role or is looking to take a step up, can be flexible with working days and hours and willing to be hands on from day 1. In return the role offers an opportunity to grow with the business as we expand.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage the production line – which converts large bales of hay into small, bagged hay & haylage products
· Manage the production team and provide support, training, and leadership to meet key operational metrics including quality, packing rate, waste and stock accuracy,
· Be accountable for upkeep and delivery of high safety, quality & hygiene standards
· Accurately plan daily tasks to ensure sufficient team members are in place to meet demand
· Monitor & improve your teams performance in order to achieve growth and accuracy in a supportive environment
· Load and unload vehicles in a timely but safe manner including small vehicles to 26tonne arctics and 40ft containers for export.
· Manage all Yard operations and ensure compliance with Health and Safety.
· Ensure the Yard Personnel maintain a clean, neat and tidy yard always.
· Maintain an optimal level of customer service and assist to resolve customer issues.
· Ensure all yard staff are fully trained in the safe movement of product, implementing, and adhering to safe work procedures.
· To implement a robust stock control system and ensure that the correct stock levels are maintained to ensure no shortages arise
· Monitor and manage the performance of the team.
A focused, organised individual with a strong knowledge of safe working practices, ensuring all team members remain focused on health and safety and the safe movement of material around the site.
Experience of the agricultural industry would be an advantage but not essential.
Experience of working in a similar role, although we will consider those looking to take a step up if they are the right candidate.
Strong people management skills, a confident individual who can manage a team with the ability to mentor and motivate the staff team.
Strong leadership skills, with excellent planning, organisational, decision making and problem-solving skills.
A team player
£28, 000-£30,000 DOE
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to; Maria@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.