Retail Assistants - Alderney, Channel Islands
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
The Alderney Farm Shop in Victoria Street is run by the island farmer Michael Cox and his family. They are an official stockist of Waitrose and in addition to every day essentials the shop has a comprehensive selection of the freshest local produce including their own Kiln Farm reared beef and dairy produce, fresh in season fish and island grown vegetables for you to cook up your own culinary magic, or to make up a delicious picnic. They also have their own in-house cooks who every day produce freshly made soups and pies, salads and coleslaws, along with fresh bread, hot pasties, muffins and other bakery delights.
Being part of our team you will be responsible for ensuring customers receive the best service possible by;
* Greeting them in a warm and friendly manner
* Assisting customers if required
You will also be responsible for sales by;
* Ensuring shelves displaying stock are clean and filled and presentable at all times
* Replenish stock levels when needed making sure the full range is available at all times
* Assist in the maintenance of the standards of the shop floor, keeping all displays and stock replenished
You will also be required to work within a small team for this you will need
* To be confident
* To have good communication skills
* Conduct yourself in a professional, responsible and safe manner
* To be able to work with energy and pace
* Have a positive can-do attitude
If you are looking for a role that;
* Allows you to take pride in what you do
* Offers flexibility and variety of shifts
* Allows you to use your own initiative
* Offers great rate of pay and staff benefits
It is likely that unless you are already living on the island that candidates will be required to relocate. Shared accommodation is available.
If you are interested in this role and wish to apply, please click on the 'Apply Now' button and apply with a CV and introduction letter.
Alderney is the northernmost of the inhabited Channel Islands. It is part of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, a British Crown dependency. It is 3 miles long and 1+1⁄2 miles wide. The island's area is 3 square miles, making it the third-largest island of the Channel Islands, and the second largest in the Bailiwick.