Job Title: Farm Operations Director
Vacancy Ref No: 14955 RG
Location: Canada, North America
Our client is a leading Potato Processing Plant located in North America. They now are seeking to recruit a Farm Operations Director.
The Industry: Farm Director, Farm Operations, Director, Operations, Development Manager, Budgets, Performance, Leadership, Trade Shows, Farmer, Farming, Potato, Potatoes, Management, Vegetables, Crops, Agricultural, Agricultural, Harvest, Harvesting.
The Job Role Details:
As a Farm Operations Director, you will be responsible for providing leadership and oversee all Farming Operations across the Canadian Operations. The position is accountable to the Vice President. Responsible for direct reports and overseeing farming staff of up to 60 employees during the planting and harvest seasons. Able to develop new agricultural products and practices to support potato commercial program.
- Participates in annual budget process to arrive at margin and revenue targets based on projected cost and availability of raw product. Establish benchmarks and minimize over or under usage of resources and ensuring budget adherence across the farming operations. Present and defend final budget to Owner.
- Working with Farm Managers and Senior Leaders to plan, develop strategies, investigate future options and opportunities, and address challenges.
- Oversees and manages performance of Company farms.
- Travel required within North America to participate in oversight of farms operations, Visits include maintaining and strengthen relationships, as well as to maintain an in-depth, first-hand knowledge of the business' standing.
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Participate in developing the Company Strategy and ensuring execution.
- Daily operation brief for farm managers.
- Administrative (maintaining email) and people management duties.
- Includes providing direction to operational team as required, following up on outstanding matters, regular communication with suppliers, and responding to general inquiries.
- Attend meetings on topics related to Farming operations in order to provide input and identify concerns. In addition, assist with farm-related special projects.
- Continuous Improvement for farming operations and constantly seeking and implementing new and improved ways to conduct farming operations.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary with a business focus, as well as education in Agriculture (Ag Business degree preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years' experience managing a large operation and being fully responsible for a business unit or entity, including the supervision and management of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Substantial agricultural experience, including but not limited to leadership/"hands on" experience in farm operations (preferably potatoes).
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to interact and achieve results with all levels of the organization.
£ 85,000 - £ 110,000 p.a. - Experience Dependant
Plus: 20% Annual Incentive Bonus
Benefits: Full benefits package which includes medical, health and dental plan and a retirement plan.
How to apply: Interested candidates should click the 'Apply Now' button. Please attach an up to date copy of your CV.
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Divisionas well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.