Our client is one of the leading suppliers of ornamental plants to the domestic and landscaping market. As a result of continued growth, we are looking to take on new growing facilities and have recently acquired a 5-acre site. This is a great opportunity for the business to grow more of the product in-house.
The Industry: Horticulture, Horticultural, Agriculture, Agricultural, Horticulture Supplies, Grower Supplies, Plant Growers, Growers, Garden Centres, Nurseries.
The Job Role Details:
To grow hardy ornamental nursery stock and take responsibility for the whole site. Whilst reporting to the companies Production Director the candidate will be a self-starter and be highly motivated with a strong desire to produce a quality product. The role will periodically involve managing a small team of staff but is very much a hands-on position, providing for the cultural requirements of the crop.
· To ensure all potting activity is completed to required quantities and deadlines, maximising efficiencies whilst managing high quality.
· Plan for and call-in all production material as required and in liaison with the companies purchasing team.
· Control the quality of incoming goods.
· Provide for and deliver all irrigation and crop husbandry requirements.
· Ensure crop protection and weed control requirements are met.
· Maintain excellent housekeeping, accurate inventory and records as required.
· Assist in the efficiency movement of stock between sties.
· Follow company procedures and policies ensuring legislative compliance.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
· Dextrous with an aptitude toward nursery work.
· Able to work alone or as part of a team.
· Enthusiastic, practical with an eye for details.
· Flexible with good problem-solving abilities.
· Good communication skills.
· FEPA qualified.
· Counterbalance Forklift Licence
£ 30,000 p.a. - £35,000 p.a.
Plus Benefits; Company Pension
How to apply: Interested candidates should email their CV and a brief covering letter outlining their experience in agriculture, any previous work experience and why they believe they are suitable for the role to; Kate@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.