Job Title: Herdsman - Dairy Farmer
Vacancy Ref Number: 14982 RG
Location of the Job: Southern-Ireland
My clients are an extremely well-established Dairy Farm. On site they have towards 1,000 Cows. The Farm Unit is divided into two - with the central Milking Unit and then the Smaller Calf Rearing Unit.
They pride themselves on their Fantastic Heritage - They are extremely passionate within Dairy Farming and offer an incredibly pleasant working atmosphere.
The Industry: Dairy Farming, Dairy Farm, Livestock, Farm, Farming, Agriculture, Herdsman, Farm Worker, Milk, Milking, Cows, Calf, Calves, Parlour.
The Job Role details:
An exciting opportunity, due to company growth, has arisen at my client's organisation for a hardworking and enthusiastic individual, with a strong work ethic - to join as a Herdsman - Dairy Farm Worker.
As a Herdsman you will be responsible for every aspect of the day to day running of their Dairy Farm, carrying out a variety of roles from Milking and Caring for the Cows and Calf's, to working in the Milking Parlour.
Seeking a passionate team member, keen to grow, learn and develop a long-lasting career. You will be given many opportunities to take your own initiative and responsibility. A Fantastic career opportunity as well as Lifestyle opportunity.
- Day to day work on the Dairy Farm
- Provide great daily Herdsman skills - responsible for the cows.
- Daily Milking of the cows.
- Cow Display - Prepare for Vets visits & General Check-ups.
- Calf Rearing
- Dry off the Calves.
- Caring/ Looking after the Cows correctly.
- Looking after the Milking Parlour.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Keep accurate records.
- Plan, schedule, and review workload.
- Manage the stock control, as well as stores.
- Confirm that health and safety regulations are being followed.
- Good attitude to Health of the Cows.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Dairy Farm experience and Dairy Farm working knowledge.
- Previous Herdsman experience.
- Practical and hands-on.
- Quality Stocks Manship.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- To be enthusiastic and driven to learn, grow and develop.
- Passionate about Cow Health and General Care.
- Ideal: A.I Bull experience (Artificial insemination experience).
- Ideal: Breeding/ Husbandry experience.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
+ House/ Accommodation + Fantastic Training
How to apply: Please click the 'Apply Now' button, attaching your Full up-to date CV.
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach.