Horticulturist - Gardener
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time (40 hours) + Overtime
About the client:
This fantastic Horticultural company provides excellent garden design, consultation and garden maintenance across the Shropshire area, as well as growing interesting hardy perennials in their small
nursery. Our client are now looking for another Horticulturist to join them!
They are a close-knit team and are always looking to challenge the norm, finding innovative and improved ways of working.
They value the differing strengths of the team members and enjoy building a strong and supported team with a shared passion in gardens.
• You must be able to undertake all garden related duties.
• Have demonstrated horticultural ability, good plant identification skills and a genuine passion for the work.
• Be willing to work alongside us to ensure the highest horticultural standards are maintained.
• Have good communication skills.
• Be adaptable and flexible and enjoy being part of a close-knit team, whilst being able to work alone where needed and show initiative.
• Be friendly, polite and diplomatic.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of health and safety practices and legislation.
• Manage workloads by planning and prioritising effectively.
• Ideally a minimum of RHS Level 2 or similar is required, along with PA1/PA6 Spraying Certificates.
• An understanding and interest in naturalistic planting and garden principles is desirable.
About the position:
As a member of the team, you will be required to maintain and develop a range of gardens and areas to a high standard, using specialist horticultural skills.
Typical duties for the role include seasonal border maintenance such as weeding, mulching, plant division and pruning; Specialist Wisteria, Rose and Orchard pruning; planting and larger scale soft landscaping; develop good relationships with the clients, providing advice and consultation where necessary; maintaining nursery stock and being involved in propagation; attend flower shows and plant sales; garden design.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their CV and a brief covering letter outlining their experience in Horticulture / Gardening, any previous work experience and why they believe they are suitable for the role to; Kate@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.