Our client has been established toward 50 years and is one of the UK’s leading nurseries with over 100 acres of container production for quality retailers. A extremely established business unit operating over 3 sites. Selling into Garden Centres and Nurseries UK wide. They supply, exceptional quality plants, providing outstanding customer service, whilst maintaining a sustainable, business model with a well-trained, motivated and developed team working within the ‘culture’ of a family business’.
The Industry: Horticulture, Horticultural, Agriculture, Agricultural, Horticulture Supplies, General Manager, Operational Manager, Production Manager, Growers, Garden Centres, Nurseries.
The Job Role Details:
General Management and overall responsibility for Production and Operations of the business unit over the 3 operational sites. Whilst reporting to the companies Director the candidate will be a self-starter, able to lead and manage the planning, organising and implementation of the business plan. Highly motivated with a strong desire to produce a quality product, very much a hands-on position, providing for the cultural requirements of the crop.
General Management and overall responsibility for Production and Operations of the business unit over the 3 operational sites.
To ensure the delivery of performance targets and business strategy for Allensmore by Leading, Managing, Training and Mentoring departmental teams so that they work within a continuous improvement cycle, delivering, outstanding quality and customer service whilst working in an efficient and effective way, following business policies and SOP.
Be a key developer and driver of business SOP and polices.
Train, mentor lead, recruit and develop a high performance team.
To be overall responsible for the professional recruitment, accommodation, and welfare of seasonal workers.
To provide support in specific key areas of the business as directed by the Managing Director.
To troubleshoot and take control of day-to-day issues which need resolving within your areas of responsibility.
To take lead and ensure the smooth operation and running of many millions of pounds of Horticultural equipment.
To be responsible for and / or assist in key project development areas at the direction of the Managing Director.
To be responsible for Health and Safety within your areas of responsibility
To continually look at and suggest how the business can increase its effectiveness, efficiency, quality and customer service in all the areas of the business.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be an effective, accurate and honest communicator up and down, both within and across departments and to board level
• Must have experience of leading, motivating and developing cross disciplinary teams at management level.
• Must be capable of working on multiple challenges at the same time.
• Must be well organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work.
• Must have a flexible approach to work and able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of IT systems, including Microsoft Excel.
• Must have an understanding of process improvement, LEAN and Quality systems.
• Must be a great inspirational team player and be able to motivate, mentor, train, support and develop teams.
• Should be at ease on the shop floor as well as in the boardroom.
• Must have a good track record of being a successful senior manager or being in a leadership role within the Horticultural sector.
• Good understanding of the technical requirements of production horticulture.
• Have a good understanding of Horticultural machinery and be able to direct our maintenance team and appropriate contractors, as necessary.
• Competent in negotiation and procurement.
£ 40,000 p.a. - £ 60,000 p.a. – Experience Dependant
Plus Benefits; Company Car + Company Benefits
How to apply: Interested candidates should email their CV and a brief covering letter outlining their experience in agriculture, any previous work experience and why they believe they are suitable for the role to; Kate@agriFJ.co.uk
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission.
To keep up to date with Agricultural and Farming Jobs latest vacancies, please use our simple registration process via the ‘Candidate’ button on our home page; www.agriFJ.co.uk
You can also set free Job Alerts so that you will be notified of new and relevant job vacancies.
Please follow us on our social media pages; LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Agricultural and Farming Jobs are an established specialist Agricultural Recruitment business with offices based in rural Worcestershire. We have a specialist and dedicated Headhunting Recruitment Division as well as a specialist Jobs Advertising Division. We recruit specifically for all roles within the Agricultural industry and support the recruitment needs of all related clients including; Farms, Agricultural Machinery, Fresh Produce, Food, Horticultural, Equestrian, Finance and Veterinary companies on an International basis. We offer an exceptional service with a personable, yet highly professional approach. Please contact our office for further information on 01527 878550.