Head of Farm and Fresh Produce – East Anglia – Salary £50K+ - £80K - 12524KM
Department: Fresh Business Unit
Reports to: Operations Director
Responsible for: The Company’s farming operations, packhouse and associated staff.
To achieve the agreed financial and production targets for the fruit and arable enterprises for which you are responsible, and other objectives as may be agreed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and actively promote a positive Health & Safety Culture.
• Ensure legal compliance for irrigation systems, water control and licence management.
• Land Management for estate.
• Implementing a strong Business to Business relationship with other companies ensuring that there is clear steer on Commercial and Operational direction.
• Management of all staff associated with the farm and fresh packhouse to include permanent, casual and contract labour.
• Develop and implement business unit operational strategy. Continually review and adjust the strategy in line with internal and external changes.
• Develop, review and deliver positive KPI results in People (H&S), Quality, Cost and Service that deliver against the operations strategy.
• Management and control of all costs associated with the farming activities including efficient crop production in the fruit, arable and other crop enterprises and the harvesting of the crops produced in order to maximise the productivity and the profitability of the farm.
• Prepare budgets, monitor and improve cost efficiencies in conjunction with the finance department.
• Ensure smooth running of all functions within the farm and packhouse.
• Align and lead the operational and farm teams to ensure they are engaged, high performing and deliver green KPIs. Coach them to identify and provide effective solutions to red KPIs.
• Encourage an environment of support and challenge amongst the team and a sense of pride and passion.
• Manage on going performance and succession of direct reports.
• Build teams through skills assessment, training, coaching, feedback and support.
• Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to all farm and packhouse staff.
• Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety within the farm and packhouse.
• Comprehensive control of stock and chemicals.
• Management of all farm equipment including purchasing, maintenance and operation.
• Maintain the service records of all of the farming equipment.
• Ensure that farming methods are always the best most efficient use of, keeping abreast of the new ways of working etc.
• Identify possible business development and keep informed of any new developments and modern production techniques.
• Environmental protection – ensure compliance with all legislation and good practice.
• Through analysis of performance data, identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunities and communicate internally using visual management standards in production and internally to site management team.
• Lead by example ensuring appropriate cross functional alignment & engagement with all support functions as appropriate to the site needs and the benefit of the business as a whole.
• Actively manage all site communications with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Passionately promote the site with customers and internal stakeholders.
• Engage & build good working relationships with employees on site.
Salary between £50K - £80K – negotiable dependent upon experience.
For further information please contact Admin@agriFJ.co.uk.
Please note that all applications are kept strictly confidential.